Since I've been meaning to blog about 4 different and important topics... I'm going to completely ignore them to post this, because coronavirus.
1. Procrastinate. What? You've got time! Go ahead and catch up on all the netflix, amazon, hulu, disney +, etc. Or maybe watch preview after preview of suggestions you might want to watch later, creating yet another list. (Slowly chipping away at it, not so much out of desire but FOMO... and because you're tired of hearing about how good *insert that series here* was for the 10th time.)
2. Make a list of all the cleaning you can finally do since you have the time. Make those baseboards your b*tch and that toilet sparkle. Oh, you can even start to declutter! Tackle the attic and/or garage! Hmmm, start looking into where you should make your donations of gently used clothing and that one nightstand that doesn't go anywhere in the house. Maybe you can make a couple bucks selling some of the stuff?! I sense another list coming on!!
3. Read a book. Like actually sit down with a book, a book with pages and that fantastic book smell! There's some great self-help jazz you can get into, maybe reacquainting yourself with the Bible has been on your list for some time now, or that one SEXY book your bff lent you that "changed her marital bed." Which one to choose though? That's a hard one. *pun intended*
4. Workout! Oh shoot the gyms are closed. Well, you could do a video workout. I hear they are making a bunch of popular, fitness streaming services free during this quarantine. I also heard about a few amazing yogis on youtube, maybe try that out! Warning, you might get got caught up watching suggestion videos via youtube algorithms, your viewing history, and waning motivation. Maybe workout later, you have time.
5. Spend limited time on social media and go outside. Oh, but don't forget to take pics of all the things you encounter in the wild. You simply MUST post them too, because you've never noticed how beautiful a walk at your local park could be, and now you have to share that beauty with everyone. What's that!? Nancy is posting photos of the same walk you were just on, you have to discuss this. Now Brad is messaging you about an even better outside. What?! (2 hrs later - still on social media)
6. Try something new, like TikTok! You can be creative, artsy, musical, deep, funny, shallow, etc. You'll have to watch a couple videos so you get the hang of it. Understand that you'll have to hit the back button like 7 times to get out of the app, because TikTok puts a new video in your face every time you try to exit, perfect for your ADHD. Just don't get so caught up watching hours of TikTok your legs go numb from sitting on the toilet too long. You could actually fall down when you try to stand up - advice from a friend.
7. Stay off all social media! Remember, there's outside, books, workouts, clean... *ring ring, a fancy cell tune, or vibrate* Gotta get that, it's Mom. (2 hrs later - still on the phone with Ma talking about the stuff she saw on social media.)
8. Cook the food you purchased for the zombie apocalypse. Do NOT eat it all. It's a worthy challenge many have already failed. Thank God we can still go to the grocery store, for now. Remember, you must avoid people'ing, and pray your spring allergies don't act up while you're standing within eyesight and earshot of humanity.
9. Watch the news. Just kidding!!! Complete the 2020 census.
10. Oh sh*t! Are you supposed to wfh? Well you're nailing #1 on this list. Way to go, Champ! ;-)
In all seriousness... stay healthy, friends. Sending love, prayers, and positive vibes - worldwide.